Under the terms and conditions the following interpretations shall apply:
- "Bespoke products" means any product made to measure or made to order
- KCS means Kent County Supplies
- "Non-stocked lines" means stock not held in our warehouse and supplied directly from suppliers and represented by 9-digit blue codes on the KCS website and in The Catalogue
- "Stock lines" means stock held in our warehouse and represented by 8-digit pink codes on the KCS website and in The Catalogue
- "The Catalogue" means the printed KCS Catalogue
- "Us" and "We" means KCS the website owner
- "You" and "Your" means the customer
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 12/01/2021.
- KCS are able to trade with private and public customers.
- KCS can only trade with over 18’s.
- We have a number of age restricted products may refuse to provide products where age and use is not substantiated.
- These terms and conditions set out the terms between You the customer and Us the website owner.
- Your use of this website and any service contained within constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions in full.
- You should not use this website if You do not accept these terms and conditions in full.
- This website is owned and operated by:
Kent County Supplies,
New Hythe Lane,
Kent, ME20 7FE
VAT Number: 204 2691 91
- All goods are subject to availability. While KCS will endeavour to hold sufficient stock lines in its warehouse to meet all orders and purchases, if We have insufficient stock to supply or deliver the goods ordered and paid for by You, We will attempt to contact you using the details You have provided to Us to ask You how You wish to proceed. We may, at our discretion, process any part of the order which is available. Where goods are out of stock, We will agree a delayed delivery or We will refund You the price paid for such goods as soon as possible and in any case within 14 days or, in the case of an account customer, We may, in our absolute discretion, as soon as possible raise a credit to offset the amount invoiced to You.
- While KCS will endeavour to ensure that the printed product descriptions and associated images and colour swatches are up-to-date, the information on the KCS Website will always be the most current and accurate source of product and pricing information.
- We reserve the right, should circumstances dictate, to supply a product of a specification that differs from that detailed on the KCSconnect website. In such cases every effort would be made to supply a product of at least comparable quality.
- We are happy to quote for special requirements. Please contact Us at email@example.com or call our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440.
- Quality Assurance
- We regard the fitness for purpose of the goods purchased as being of prime importance.
- It is our policy to obtain best value for money. Products selected for supply under contract are tested where necessary to ensure that the items concerned are satisfactory.
- Where applicable, KCS shall comply with all relevant statutory requirements relating to the supply of products purchased from this website.
- The products shall remain at the risk of KCS until delivery to the customer is complete (or signed for).
- KCS's liability under this terms and conditions of sale whether in respect of breach of contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall in no event exceed the level of fees paid by the customer for any product (s) purchased from his website.
- Prices shown are guide prices only and are subject to change at any point. For latest prices, please ring our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440 for further information at the time of ordering.
- Prices (standard/promotional) available and/or seen online do not reflect prices in offline media e.g., the KCS Catalogue and are not available via any ordering methods other than via the KCS Connect website and subsequent KCS phone confirmation.
- Items may be altered to accommodate pack size changes or in other circumstances beyond our control, notice will be given on the KCS Connect website and revised prices advised where possible.
- Specific product prices may increase on an exceptional basis should market conditions dictate.
- Our invoice shows the exact price and the total amount charged.
- Prices ruling are at date of dispatch not at date of order.
- All prices shown are in £ sterling.
- All our Mainland UK delivery charges are included in the price unless otherwise stated. For deliveries Non-Mainland UK and International deliveries postage/shipping may be charged. Please contact Us at the time of ordering for advice.
- Orders below £25 inc VAT are subject to a £3.95 inc VAT delivery charge as standard. Higher delivery charges may be applied depending on the product and logistics required. KCS will advise YOU at the time of order confirmation. Delivery charges will be confirmed and applied at time of order.
- Payment can be made in the following ways:
For Commercial entities an account may be available for invoicing subject to our standard KCS account creation principles and may take up to 3 working days to create. This would require credit checks, company information and further financial details. KCS reserve the right not to provide accounts or invoice terms. This is not available to Consumer customers.
For further information contact Us on 0808 281 9440.
- Debit/Credit card over the phone (all major cards are accepted – however we do not accept American Express cards). Card receipts and bank statements will show either Kent County Council, Commercial Services or Professional Services. These are all entities within the same group organisation.
- We do not accept Direct Debit, cheques, cash or invoicing.
- All payments are made in full at the order confirmation stage.
- Goods sold to the purchaser remain the property of KCS until all outstanding debts have been paid. Goods should be securely stored in such a way that they are clearly the property of the sellers and may be collected to settle any outstanding debt.
- If You receive an invoice for items with 9-digit stock code (classified as ‘direct’ products from our suppliers to You) and are not in receipt of the goods please contact our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440 within 14 days of the invoice date.
- All prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated.
- Customers who are not exempt will be charged VAT at the appropriate rate.
- VAT Relief is available on certain products for charities. For more information please visit http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/.
- We offer Free Next Day Delivery for all orders of stock lines held in the warehouse placed with us before 12:00 for mainland UK above £25 inc VAT in value. Any orders below this value will attract a minimum £3.95 inc VAT delivery charge.
- All non-stocked lines may take longer dependent upon the product and supplier and You will be informed of any delivery charges at the point of order.
- For all Non-Mainland UK and International deliveries please contact Us on 0808 281 9940.
- We do not deliver at weekends or evenings as standard.
- Furniture lines may incur a carriage charge dependent upon supplier. Please contact Us on 0808 281 9940 for advice at the point of ordering.
- When goods are delivered, please sign, print name and state time of receipt on the driver's sheet. The courier may enact an alternative process due to exceptional circumstances or provide alternative order delivery confirmation.
- Deliveries are made to ground floor entrance point.
- Please check the number of packages and containers and sign for these only as this represents Your proof of delivery. When goods are delivered, please sign, print name and state time of receipt on the driver’s sheet.
- If when You check the contents, there is a discrepancy, please report urgently and within 5 days but up to 14 working days via our online form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0808 281 9440.
- We recognise the need for special delivery requirements on certain sites. Where required please contact Us on 0808 281 9440. KCS cannot guarantee to fulfil such needs and there may be additional charges involved, these would be provided upon request.
- Please note that where we deliver to You a quantity of goods less that what we contracted to sell, You may reject them, but if You accept the goods so delivered You must pay for them at their contracted rate. KCS reserves the right to place the rest of the goods on backorder to deliver at an agreed date.
- Where we deliver to You a quantity of goods larger than we contracted to sell, You may accept the goods included in the contract and reject the rest, or You may reject the whole. You will pay for the total number of goods delivered at their contracted rate.
- We are not responsible for delay in supplying or delivering or failure to supply or delivery any products if due to unforeseen events beyond our reasonable control. We will let you know as soon as possible if there is going to be a problem in supplying the products, and give you an opportunity to cancel your order, in which case we will refund all amounts paid by you to us under the order, or give you an opportunity to continue with the order if possible, in which case we will agree with you a revised time for delivery as soon as we are in a position to continue performing the order.
- Return requests must be submitted as soon as possible and within 14 days from the date of delivery.
- There is a standard £3.95 inc VAT charge for collections by KCS, payable over the phone by credit/debit card when requesting a collection.
- KCS reserves the right to investigate all returns.
- All bespoke and furniture items will incur a restocking fee. KCS reserves the right to use this to their discretion.
- If the item is unused and You are either dissatisfied or changed Your mind about Your purchase then You must notify Us within 14 working days of receiving Your order and contact KCS by completing our online returns form or by telephone on 0808 281 9440 or email at email@example.com for a Returns Reference Number.
- For these items we will supply a full refund on the cost of the item only. If charged separately, the delivery cost and cost for returning the item will not be refunded.
- If damaged during delivery we will replace all damaged goods free of charge providing notification is received within 14 working days and the items are made available for collection or examination in their original containers.
- If the item You have received is faulty please contact Us via our online form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Your order number and the details of the problem with the item. Please do so within 30 days of receiving the goods.
- You will be refunded for the cost of the item, delivery charges and postage for returning the item to Us. Purchases made by credit card will be refunded into the account from which the original purchase was made.
- If you are a consumer you may have certain additional rights under statute, which we summarise as follows for information: If the products were not in conformity with the contract at the time of delivery, or if they do not conform to the contract within 6 months after delivery, you may also be entitled to ask us to repair or replace the products, at our cost, within a reasonable time and without causing significant inconvenience to you. We are, however, only obliged to repair or replace the products where it is possible, and it is not disproportionate when compared with the following: repair (if you ask us to replace), replacement (if you ask us to repair), giving you a partial refund, or your cancelling the contract and getting a full refund. If we do not provide a repair or replacement remedy, or we undertake to repair or replace and fail to do so within a reasonable time, then you may either (a) elect to keep the products and ask for an appropriate partial refund; or (b) elect to return the products for a full refund. We can only replace products like for like, subject to availability. If repair or replacement is not possible or is disproportionate, or we fail to repair or replace the products within a reasonable time at our cost, you may keep the products and ask for a reduction in price, or cancel the contract and get a full refund. If you return the products for a full refund, we are entitled to reduce any refund to take account of any use you have had of the products since they were delivered to you.
- Any product that is used for hygienic purposes, hygienically sealed and have been opened cannot be returned for a refund. This does not affect Your statutory rights. For more details please see our Terms and Conditions.
- Any bespoke and furniture items cannot be returned for a refund.
- Any used products will not be refunded or accepted unless faulty.
- We are unable to accept any food or perishable items back if ordered in error.
Cancellation of Orders
- For Consumer customers: KCS must receive notification for all collections within 14 days of receiving Your order. To arrange a collection please complete our online form or call our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440. There is a £3.95 inc VAT collection charge payable to KCS.
- For Business customers: KCS must receive notification for all collections within 5 working days of receiving Your order. To arrange a collection please complete our online form or call our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440. There is a £3.95 inc VAT collection charge payable to KCS.
- Non-stocked goods ordered and no longer required may incur a handling charge at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- All goods must be in their original packaging.
- Mainland UK Customers:
- Customers will receive labels to be attached to the top of each package being collected.
- Two consignment notes will be produced, the delivery driver will sign one copy for the customer to keep as proof of collection, and the second will be retained by the driver.
- Non-Mainland UK and International Customers:
- Please contact our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440 to discuss Your options and arrange a collection.
- Once we have received Your Return Your package will be assessed. A refund or credit note will be issued or the customer will be contacted by our dedicated Discrepancies Team.
- Where You wish to cancel an order for non-stocked goods the cancellation must be made within 24 hours of the date the order was placed. If orders are not cancelled within this period a charge may be incurred. We reserve the right to pass on any charges that may be incurred due to customers ordering in error.
If you are a consumer and you cancel this purchase in respect of a product, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you under the contract with respect to such product, including the price, delivery charges and any other charges; but if you chose a type of delivery which costs more than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us for your delivery address, then we will not be obliged to refund you any additional delivery charges in excess of the cost of such standard delivery.
If you are a business consumer and you cancel this purchase in respect of a product, we will reimburse to you the price paid by you with respect to such product, but not any delivery or other charges paid by you, and not any VAT paid by you
- KCS may offer special prices and / or promotional offers on products and product ranges at any given time. The following conditions will apply:
- Offers are only available whilst stocks last.
- Offers are available to participating customers only.
- All prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated.
- There will be no further discount on priced promotional products.
- Offers may be changed or withdrawn by KCS without notice.
- Offers will be available for a limited period only.
- KCS reserves the right to substitute products subject to availability – every effort will be made it’s a like for like product.
- Offers are non-transferable, not for resale and not redeemable for cash.
- Any returns, refunds or credits of products purchased at an offer price will equal the price paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Discounts and promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions unless otherwise stated.
- All offer prices will apply at the time of ordering and any promotion dates will apply as such from this date.
- By taking advantage of this offer You accept the Terms and Conditions.
- KCS may issue promotional codes in line with existing offers at any given time. The conditions set out below will apply. Promotional codes:
- Are available for use by participating customers only.
- May be changed or withdrawn by KCS without notice.
- May only be used against applicable products or ranges of products.
- Must be entered and validated prior to an order being submitted in order to be accepted.
- Are non-transferable, not for resale and are not redeemable for cash.
- Are only applicable through the specified date range(s). Codes entered outside of these will not be applied.
- Any returns, refunds or credits of products purchased with the use of a promotional code will equal the price paid less that of the code.
- Will be applied at the time of ordering and any promotion dates will apply as such from this date.
- By using any Promotional Code you accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Any misuse or intended misuse of promotional codes may result in full pricing being enforced or the withdrawal of individual orders or service.
Calls May Be Recorded
- We shall have no liability to You for any failure of or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to goods supplied or delivered hereunder or for any other liability, in each case that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to accidents, extreme weather conditions, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, natural disaster, failure of telecommunications networks, mechanical failures, acts of God, terrorist attack, war, civil unrest, riots, strikes, industrial disputes or any other force majeure event.
Health & Safety At Work Act 1974 (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002)
- Calls may be recorded and monitored for training purposes.
Changes to these terms
- The KCS website and The Catalogue contains details of many items, some of which may be hazardous if they are not used properly.
- Where possible notes have been included on the KCS website to draw attention to known hazards.
- However, under the above legislation, it is the duty of the employer to provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision as is reasonably practical and to carry out risk assessments to ensure the health and safety of employees and anyone not in their employment who may be exposed to risks to their health and safety.
- You should therefore check that You have sufficient information on the products that You order and use, and any necessary notes of guidance, instructions for use, special labelling of the product etc. to enable You to comply with the above legislation.
- We will provide reasonable quantities of relevant COSHH Data Sheets upon request for stock line items. These Data Sheets can be obtained by downloading from the KCS website, contacting our Customer Experience team on 0808 281 9440 or email email@example.com.
- For non-stocked lines, please request this at the time or ordering.
- Guidance on health and safety matters should be available from the responsible department or manager in Your own organisation.
- These terms apply to Your order. We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
- These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the United Kingdom.
- Products should not be resold under any circumstances without prior written authorisation by KCS. This includes selling items on eBay, Amazon or any other site or through any other mediums, regardless of price. KCS reserves the right to take legal action for such events if prior written consent has not been provided by KCS.
- Failure or delay by KCS in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of these terms and conditions of sale is not a waiver of any of its rights under these provisions.
- If any provisions of the terms and conditions of sale is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions of sale and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- Any waiver by KCS of any breach is not a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- Any product purchased from this website is personal to the customer and the customer shall not assign, sub-contract or transfer its rights and/or obligations without the prior written consent of KCS.